Owners are also required to have their safety barriers or pool fences inspected and to lodge a certificate of barrier compliance with their council.
At Clearly Frameless our expert team can not only design and build
your new pool fence, we can also ensure your pool receives a Safety Compliance Certificate.
POOL FENCE CHECKLIST:
- Your pool or boundary fence must be at least 1200mm high all the way around the pool area.
- The gaps between the bottom of the fence and the ground are to be no greater than 100mm.
- There must be no potential hand holds or foot holds within 900mm of the top of the pool fence in any direction.
- The gaps between the pool fence vertical rails or bars are to be no greater than 100mm apart.
- Your pool fence must be in good condition and fixed securely, with no damages.
POOL GATES CHECKLIST:
- Your pool gate must open outwards away from the pool.
- Your pool gate must self-close and self-latch from all open positions. The gate latch must be working well so that the gate is secure and once closed, can’t be pulled open.
- If gate latch is on the inside, the latch lever must be at least 1200mm above ground level and at least 150mm below the top of the gate.
- You need to be aware that it is dangerous and against the law to prop the gate open.
MORE IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- No climbable objects within 900mm on the outside and 300mm on the inside.
- If a wall forms part of the barrier, there are no openings greater than 100mm.
- Your pool fence must be clear of any climbable objects such as BBQs, trees, rocks, shrubs and deckchairs that could allow a person to climb over the fence.
Clearly Frameless are your clear choice for swimming pool fences
We’ve been building pool fences since the 1990’s, so you can be sure your pool fence will be eligible for a Safety Compliance Certificate. By choosing frameless glass you are creating a stunning environment, whilst then adding value to your home.